Supplier Testing - Electronic Data Interchange
What is Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
- It is an exchange of business transactions utilizing a standard file format. EDI is The Home Depot’s preferred method for electronic exchanges of business transactions for suppliers. The Home Depot’s EDI program follows the standards and conventions developed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) that are common across the industry and used by most major retailers.
What is testing and who conducts the test?
- The EDI contact provided to the THD Pro Merchant
- Evaluate suppliers’ capabilities to determine the certification path through EDI or third-party web-based solution
- For EDI suppliers, test all EDI documents that pertain to their respective business process
- Download our Implementation Guide and Mapping Specs
- Validate that our suppliers’ EDI translator can react and correct error messages
How long should it take me to complete the EDI testing process?
- The testing should be completed within 15 business days or less
- The EDI contact for your company will receive an invitation email to test in the Commerce Desk system
- The invitation email will include your user ID and password
- The invitation email will have the 4 steps for testing
- If you do not receive your invite please contact email@example.com
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- You may call EDI Support Center at 877-741-0036, option 3 between the scheduled hours of 7:00am to 9:00pm eastern time