What is a Supplier Buying Agreement (SBA)?
- Legal contract of negotiated buying terms between Home Depot Product Authority, LLC and its affiliates and the Supplier
How do I access the SBA?
- You will receive the SBA invite please click the link provided in the SBA Invitation
- Use the temporary User ID and password listed in the SBA
- Upon first login, you are prompted to change your password
- Please provide the User ID and the new password to anyone within the company that will need to work on the SBA
How long should it take me to complete the SBA?
- SBAs are expected to be completed within 2 weeks; however, your temporary SBA User ID and password will expire after 90 days and you will no longer be able to access the SBA
- The SBA is flexible and allows you to skip around to various sections to complete information, however, make sure you save your work
- Please answer fields with a red asterisk – these are required to complete the SBA
- Sections to complete within the SBA are: General, Payment, Shipping, Returns, and Contacts
- Clicking Summary > View and Print provides a quick view of missing information that is required to complete the SBA.
- Each line item missing contains a hyperlink to the specific section of the SBA for quick access
- Selecting the Help button in the top right corner will provide the Training Guide
Who can sign the SBA?
- An officer within the company that is authorized to sign a legal document on behalf of their company
Getting Started on the SBA
- Please start the insurance process upon receiving the SBA invitation
- Please make sure you submit your Certificate of Insurance and Insurance Request Form together in order to receive the insurance approval number. (See PDF attached to invitation email). You can email to: email@example.com
- If you do not receive an insurance approval number within 5 business days, please reach out to EBIX (Insurance processing company to follow up) 951-766-2210.
- If you have an existing Insurance Approval number, that meets the aggregate limit requirements, you may input that number into the SBA instead of submitting for a new approval number
- To obtain the existing Insurance Approval number you can reach out to our Risk Management team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic Data Interchange -EDI
- An EDI associate will be contacting you to initiate the certificate process while the SBA is in progress. Be prepared to support an integrated based connection and provide the correct EDI contact for your company
Global Location Number (GLN)
- To purchase your Global Location Number (GLN) please go to the website gs1us.org where you may also purchase globalTradeItemNumber (GTIN and Universal Product Code (UPC)
Who do I contact if I have questions on my SBA?
- Access (User ID and Password) - Email request to email@example.com
- Questions and or Changes on your SBA – Contact your THD Pro Merchant
Is there any browser that works best to complete the SBA?
- Internet Explorer is not the optimal choice it may cause issues while working in the SBA
- Chrome is the browser of choice
What happens next?
- Once the SBA is complete and you have received your PDF contract, MVendor number, and your PVendor number, the assigned Partner Guardian within your company will receive access to Supplier Hub.
- The Partner Guardian is the person within your company that will create users and manage access to Supplier Hub tools (i.e., applications, supplier contacts, and reports)
- The login used for SBA will no longer be valid
- A new username and password will be sent to the Partner Guardian